Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

Changes

I updated my background today b/c it was a little too springy I think. So now it is in a Summer setting. Sad that I haven't got on here in oh, 2 months, but the 1st thing I do is update the background. Such a slacker I am. So much to write and update, but I lack the motivation to do so. Plus Wyatt is only doing 1 nap per day now and that makes it harder to get anything accomplished! :)

So Happy HOT Summer to all of you out there! We have had the WORST heat on record yet! I can't remember the last day we didn't reach 100. Seriously hot! I got a recipe for cooking chocolate chip cookies in your car this last weekend! If that doesn't say how hot it is, I don't know what will. Leave it to Texan's to come up with that!! Who wants a rried egg off the pavement?? Not us! Chocolate please!!! Please see below for recipe...


Car-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter, soft

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg

2/3 cup mini chocolate chips



In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg, followed by flour mixture and chocolate chips.

Place dough on a large sheet of wax paper and roll into a log approximately 11-inches long by 2.5-inches wide. Freeze for 2-3 hours, or overnight.

When ready to bake, park your car in the sun on a 100F+ day. Slice cookies into 1/4-inch thick slices and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet on car dashboard (with protective towel underneath) and bake for 2 1/2-3 hours, until done.

If you have a big dashboard (or a friend with another car), you can do two batches at once, otherwise you can save half of the dough for another day.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.





No comments:

Post a Comment